This is a series of 90-minute sessions designed to expand upon topics introduced at New Administrator Orientation. These sessions are required for department chairpersons, school directors, and associate deans of non-departmentally organized colleges within the first two years of their appointments; all other administrators are encouraged to attend sessions they would find useful.
Please check back in August for the 2019-20 schedule.
- MSU Budget
- Difficult Conversations
- Transitioning into Academic Leadership: From Putting out Fires to Affecting Change
- Retention, Hiring, and Spousal Hires*
- Working with Support Staff
- Faculty and Academic Staff Performance Reviews plus Reappointment, Promotion, & Tenure
- Discipline, RVSM and Sexual Harassment
- Prioritizing and Time/Email Management
- Effective Decision Making and Running Efficient Meetings
Resources from these sessions will be available after the event.