The First-Year Focused Final Fridays, or 4F, workshop series highlights topics of particular relevance for those teaching and learning in first-year seminars and courses. Participants will learn from their peers, engage in meaningful dialogues, and compile best practices and implementation strategies for curricular and co-curricular work with first-year students. You are invited to join us for one or all of the workshops below.
- Who are our students? | Friday, January 26, 2018 | MSU Union, Room 50, Garden Level
- Scott Becker, Director, Counseling and Psychiatric Services
- Problem-Based Learning | Friday, February 23, 2018 | MSU Union, Room 50, Garden Level
- Nicola Imbrascio, Center for Integrative Studies in Arts and Humanities
- Nate Clason, Office of the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education
- Experiential Learning | Friday, March 23, 2018 | MSU Union, Room 50, Garden Level
- Renee Zientek, Center for Service-Learning and Civic Engagement
- Paul Brown, Freshman Seminars Abroad Coordinator, APUE
Time: All workshops will take place from 11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m. Bring your lunch!
Accessible flyer here: First-Year-Focused-Final-Fridays
This series is sponsored by the Office of the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education and the Academic Advancement Network.