These resources are about the later academic career and retirement.
New Academics Picnic
Join the Academic Advancement Network, WorkLife Office of MSU, and Residential and Hospitality Services in welcoming new faculty and academic staff and their families to Michigan State University.
Research Orientation is designed to provide relevant policies regarding research at MSU to incoming faculty and academic staff.
- Institutional Policy
- Office of Regulatory Affairs
- Research integrity and responsible conduct of research
- How the MSU Libraries can support your research
Check our calendar for the next session,
The MSU Libraries and IT Services hold a hands-on introduction to technology resources available for Michigan State University faculty and academic staff.
- Electronic Resources
- Where to get help and support for technology on campus
- Library Research Services
- Creating Digital Experiences
- Data Management for Research
- Library Teaching and Learning Services
- High Performance Computing
- Technology you can expect in university classrooms (e.g.,
Are you interested in what academic leadership positions really entail? If so, you’re invited to a series of lunchtime gatherings to talk with and learn from engaging campus leaders regarding the inner workings of their diverse positions at Michigan State University.
College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
College of Arts & Letters
College of Business
College of Communication Arts and Sciences
College of Education
This program is designed for and open to all Associate Professors in the Tenure System. This workshop is designed to
- Clarify process expectations for attaining the rank of Full Professor in the Tenure System
- Anticipate the opportunities and challenges
- Inform mid-career decision-making and experiences
- Review the process,
Spring Conference on Learning, Teaching and Student Success, May 4-7, 2020
Each May, we host a conference of MSU educators that showcases innovative teaching ideas and fosters a dynamic community of all who enhance the experiences of students,
The Walter & Pauline Adams Academy of Instructional Excellence and Innovation is named in honor of former MSU President Walter Adams and his wife and MSU faculty member emerita,
Effective Teaching and Learning Boot Camp
This workshop is offered each fall and is designed to familiarize faculty and academic staff new to MSU with the resources available to assist with effective teaching and learning.