This program is designed for and open to all Associate Professors in the Tenure System. This workshop is designed to
- Clarify process expectations for attaining the rank of Full Professor in the Tenure System
- Anticipate the opportunities and challenges
- Inform mid-career decision-making and experiences
- Review the process, procedures, and documentation
This program is biennial and will be held again in February, 2019.
Helpful Resources for Reappointment, Promotion, and Tenure
- Appointment, Reappointment, Tenure and Promotion Recommendations (external link)
- Guidelines for Faculty Reappointment, Promotion and Tenure in the College of Natural Science at Michigan State University (external link)
- Mapping the Terrain of Mid-Career Faculty at a Research University (external link)
Forms and Examples of Evaluated Materials
Form D: Recommendation for Reappointment, Promotion, or Tenure Action Form (external link) – instructions and fillable forms
Materials from past workshops including video recordings of the session may be found on the Past Events Archive page.