Welcome to Michigan State University. It is our hope that your life at MSU will be fulfilling and successful, now and in the future.
Academic Orientation will be offered to all new faculty and academic staff on August 21, 2018 at the MSU Kellogg Center. The orientation program will be offered from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Continental Breakfast 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.) with the luncheon from 12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. and the Information Fair will be available from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The following supplemental orientation programs will also be offered to all new faculty and academic staff:
- Technology Orientation
- Teaching and Learning Boot Camp and Policy Quick Start to Teaching for Student Success at MSU
- Research Orientation (required for all new faculty and academic staff with research components to their appointments)
- Active Shooter and Emergency Response Training
- New Academics Picnic
We have also compiled a set of orientation materials designed specifically for New Faculty and Academic Staff. We invite you to explore these materials as part of your transition to life in the University community. The materials can be found below.
- 2017 PowerPoint Presentation (Note: A fully accessible version please contact Jill Bryant at AANEvent@msu.edu.)
- Speaker Biographical Statements
- Central Administration and Academic Organization
- Board of Trustees
- Panelists' Contact Information
- New Faculty and Academic Staff Orientation Checklist
- Syllabus Checklist
- MSU Campus Map
- MSU Police Resources
- Important Policies
- Academic Specialist Advisory Committee (ASAC)
- WorkLife Office
- Development Opportunities
- Community Resources and Offers
- Previously asked Panel Discussion Questions
Please contact Jill Bryant, Project Event Coordinator at AANevent@msu.edu or by phone at (517) 355-7483 with any questions.
Please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on the Academic Advancement Network website, Twitter and Facebook social media accounts, AAN marketing materials, and other university publications. By entering this event, you consent to the Academic Advancement Network photographing and using your image and likeness. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Blythe White, Communications Coordinator, at AANcomm@msu.edu.