This session was a collaboration between the Office of the Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies and the Academic Advancement Network.
2017 Research Orientation Materials
On August 22, 2017, new faculty and academic staff gathered at the Kellogg Center for New Faculty and Academic Staff Orientations. Equivalent sessions were run in the morning and afternoon in 2017,
Below are policies that are important to know during your transition to Michigan State University.
Each August, in collaboration with Academic Human Resources, we host an orientation for administrators who are new to their roles or new to the university.
New Academics Picnic
Join the Academic Advancement Network, WorkLife Office of MSU, and Residential and Hospitality Services in welcoming new faculty and academic staff and their families to Michigan State University.
In response to incidents of violence on campuses nationally, the MSU Police Department offers a workshop to focused on proactive and reactive strategies in the event of an emergency at MSU.
Research Orientation is designed to provide relevant policies regarding research at MSU to incoming faculty and academic staff.
- Institutional Policy
- Office of Regulatory Affairs
- Research integrity and responsible conduct of research
- How the MSU Libraries can support your research
Check our calendar for the next session,
The MSU Libraries and IT Services hold a hands-on introduction to technology resources available for Michigan State University faculty and academic staff.
- Electronic Resources
- Where to get help and support for technology on campus
- Library programs and other tools for research and teaching
- MSU’s centrally-supported learning management systems
- Instructional support tools for submitting grades and retrieving class lists
- How to participate in seminars and hands-on learning opportunities specifically for faculty
- Technology you can expect in university classrooms (e.g.,
Effective Teaching and Learning Boot Camp
This introductory workshop offered each fall is designed to help faculty and academic staff who are relatively new to teaching to prepare for their courses and to work with students.
Quick Start to Teaching for Student Success: MSU Policies
Two times a year-once in the late Spring and once in August, we offer a Quick Start to give educators, especially those new to MSU,