Teaching and Learning
- 2017-18 Adams Academy and Lilly Fellowship
- The Fellowship programs are now open to faculty of any appointment type who have signifcant teaching experiences.
- Faculty Learning Communities (FLCs)
- Faculty Learning Communities (FLCs) are ongoing discussion groups that allow MSU colleagues to gather from across departments in order to develop their skills (and even create new resources) related to a specific teaching and learning topic.
Seminars & Workshops
- Teaching and Learning Seminars
- Teaching and Learning Seminars are focused on innovative approaches to teaching, learning, and assessment at the university level. These events enable faculty and academic staff to explore a variety of strategies for enhancing learning and instruction. Nationally recognized experts, including many from campus, serve as facilitators.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an individualized and confidential consultation about your educational approaches and classroom practices.
- Consultations on Teaching and Learning,
- Classroom Observations,
- Mid-Semester Student Feedback Sessions;
- Videotaping of Teaching,
- Coaching for Presentation Skills, and
- Consultations to Enhance Speaking Skills for Non-Native Speakers of English
Teaching and Learning Spring Conference
- 2017 Teaching and Learning Spring Conference Details
- A conference where MSU academics showcased their innovative teaching ideas and foster a dynamic community of educators who enhance the experience of students, faculty, and staff.
Online Instructional Resources (OIR)
- The OIR is a selected, annotated collection of links for university instructors.
- This site is a review of thousands of instructional resources on the Web and selected particularly useful sites to create this comprehensive resource open to all. These diverse teaching and learning resources were organized and annotated to create 23 major categories subdivided into 199 subcategories. Each subcategory is arranged to give instructors both basic and advanced information on each topic.