- Big Ten Academic Alliance Academic Leadership Program (ALP) (Formerly CIC ALP)
- The Academic Leadership Program (ALP) is designed to develop the leadership and managerial skills of academic administrators and faculty on Big Ten Academic Alliance campuses.
- Big Ten Academic Alliance Department Executive Officer Program (DEO) (Formerly CIC DEO)
- DEO is an annual leadership development opportunity for department heads and chairs (Department Executive Officers or "DEOs").
- Coordination for American Council on Education (ACE) Fellowship Applications
- Every few years, MSU sponsors one fellow to apply for the nation’s premier higher education leadership development program preparing senior leaders to serve American colleges and universities.
- Leadership Learning Communities (LLCs)
- Leadership Learning Communities (LLCs) focus on topics relevant to academic leadership and are open to academic administrators and faculty who wish to pursue formal and informal leadership roles.
Seminars & Workshops
- Administrator Briefings: Conversations with the President and Provost
- During both Fall and Spring Semesters, the President and the Provost each meet with MSU academic administrators (deans, directors, chairs, and executive managers) to promote ongoing communication and to discuss current issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Leadership and Administrator Seminar Series (LEADs)
- LEAD workshops are designed for deans, chairs, directors, and executive managers to promote ongoing communication among academic administrators, provide leadership development opportunities, and support campus leaders in their efforts to foster organizational change in their units.
- Informal Workshops for Administrators: Skills, Processes & Policies
- These sessions take place throughout the year and offer opportunities for conversations on topics pertinent to academic leaders. Hosted by Juli Wade, these discussions will involve MSU panelists with experience in particular topics and will allow ample time for participants to ask questions.
- Workshops for Faculty on Leadership and Academic Life (WFLALs)
- WFLALs are designed for faculty and academic administrators who want to learn more about academic leadership, develop leadership skills, and explore dimensions of academic life across the career span.
- Executive Leadership Academy (ELA) Seminars and Webinars (Co-sponsored by HR and AHR)
- ELA programs are open to executive managers, deans, directors, chairs, and supervisors level 15-17. These workshops are designed to provide opportunities for high quality cross-campus leadership development and dialogue.
- Individual/Group Consultations on Leadership
- Provided by academic administrators. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a consultation.
- Organizational Development Consulting Services
- Cost sharing model between the Office of the Provost and the requesting unit to support:
-Strategic Visioning -Performance Review
-Strategic Planning -Change Management
-Climate and Culture -Program Review
-Meeting Planning -Meeting Facilitation