- Big Ten Academic Alliance Academic Leadership Program (ALP) (Formerly CIC ALP)
- The Academic Leadership Program (ALP) is designed to develop the leadership and managerial skills of academic administrators and faculty on Big Ten Academic Alliance campuses.
- Big Ten Academic Alliance Department Executive Officer Program (DEO) (Formerly CIC DEO)
- DEO is an annual leadership development opportunity for department heads and chairs (Department Executive Officers or "DEOs").
- Coordination for American Council on Education (ACE) Fellowship Applications
- Every few years, MSU sponsors one fellow to apply for the nation’s premier higher education leadership development program preparing senior leaders to serve American colleges and universities.
- Leadership Learning Community: Tending the Path Forward after Full Professor: Career Paths of Women Professors
- Leadership Learning Communities (LLCs) focus on topics relevant to academic leadership and are open to academic administrators and faculty who wish to pursue formal and informal leadership roles.
Seminars & Workshops
- Administrator Briefings: Conversations with the President and Provost
- During both Fall and Spring Semesters, the President and the Provost each meet with MSU academic administrators (deans, directors, chairs, and executive managers) to promote ongoing communication and to discuss current issues, challenges and opportunities.
- 2017-18 Event Dates and Registration Links: http://aan.msu.edu/opportunities/leadership/2017-18-Administrator-Briefings
- Leadership Institute
- These sessions take place throughout the year and offer opportunities for conversations on topics pertinent to academic leaders. Hosted by Juli Wade, these discussions will involve MSU panelists with experience in particular topics and will allow ample time for participants to ask questions
- Executive Leadership Academy (ELA) Seminars and Webinars (Co-sponsored by HR and AHR)
- ELA programs are open to executive managers, deans, directors, chairs, and supervisors level 15-17. These workshops are designed to provide opportunities for high quality cross-campus leadership development and dialogue.
- Individual/Group Consultations on Leadership
- Provided by academic administrators. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a consultation.