Thriving as a Fixed-Term Faculty Member at Michigan State University
February 23, 2018, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
(registration starts at 8:00 a.m.; program starts at 8:30 a.m.)
MSU Union, Ballroom (3rd Floor)
This academic year, the Academic Advancement Network, in collaboration with Academic Human Resources, will host a program for fixed-term faculty. “Thriving as a Fixed-Term Faculty Member at MSU” will be held on February 23, 2018 from 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. in the MSU Union, Ballroom. This program is designed specifically for fixed-term faculty members to provide important information and strategies about being successful in their careers and their roles at Michigan State University.
Workshop objectives are to:
- Discuss the changing landscape in higher education and the role fixed-term faculty have in the new climate
- Clarifying expectations and setting development goals
- Recognizing the need for mentors and approaches to obtaining them
- Review strategies for documentation and record-keeping
- Provide a venue for questions and answers
Beverages will be provided. The MSU Union has several breakfast options located on the first floor of the building.
Please register via Qualtrics.